De2 macro import/export Tutorial
This spreadsheet (de2macros.xls) contains the macros that will help you import/export the de2 mesh to Rhino 3d.
is the only program that seems to be able to edit and then export the polys
Exporting from the de2 file
open the file in the de2 editor and export all polys from the object you want
to edit to a .csv file.
2. Open "de2macros.xls" first in excel and then the macros will be available when you open the de2 exported file (csv file)
3. Run the macro called "csv2raw" to convert to a format that can be read by Rhino.
4. Once the macro finishes, save the resulting file as a msdos.txt file
5. Rename the file to a .raw extension and it will open with rhino.
Importing to the de2 file
the modified polys to a new .raw file from Rhino. I always give it a new name
in case I make a mistake.
2. Open "de2macros.xls" first in excel and then the macros will be available.
3. Open the original .csv file in excel.
the .raw file in excel.
3. Run the macro called "raw2csv" to convert the .raw file to the correct format for csv.
4. Once the macro finishes, cut and paste the columns to the original .csv file
copy columns a,b,c to columns d,e,f
copy columns e,f,g to columns h,i,j
copy columns h,i,j to columns l,m,n
5. Save the .csv file under a new name, just in case. You can close the other excel files without saving.
6. Open the de2 file and import the polys from the new .csv file.
7. Save the new de2 file. Don't change the name this time.
Test it out and see how you did.
Good Luck, if your going crazy, take a break!